Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9

I was finally able to commence this year's photoshoots this morning with a spirited session over in Lafayette. With 5 adults telling this little cutie pie what to do, chaos ensued quickly. I pride myself in my ability with willful preschoolers (having one myself), but this little one gave me a run for my money :) That is why I shoot long and shoot often. And I am constantly reminded, it is OK to shoo the parents away. In spite of the fluster-making, there were still a number of great ones, but this simple one came out really nicely with some post processing.

2 comments:

  1. I see the red in that litte one's hair, makes total sense to me why she'd give you a run for your money :) Her hair looks so pretty in that light! Great shot!
    P.S. by "shoot long" do you mean from far away or do you mean a long time? I had a photographer tell me that they shoot kids from far away and then zoom into their faces, but I can't get tack sharp images that way. Just wondering if you have figured out the trick or if you just mean a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No....I just mean, I shot for a long time :) Most shoots, I usually feel pretty good after an hour, but this shoot definitely needed the full 1.5 hour and I still feel like we missed some pairings. Yeah, I've heard of people shooting from far away as well, but I don't have a zoom lens and I agree, they are hard to get a tack sharp image from because they are so big and bulky, it is hard for me not to have some motion when I shoot. I've heard the most flattering angle is from far away like that . . . but I've also heard the 50mm is a GREAT portrait lens (which I agree with) but that is kind of contradicting. Anyway, yeah....I just meant it felt like a long time and there were so many throw aways...

    ReplyDelete