Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7

I started out with high hopes for Day 7 photography. Friday is Liam's day off school so we had plans to meet our super cute new girlfriends, Amy and Violet, at a beautiful regional park for a small hike. Playdate, cute people, beautiful setting, I thought for sure today would be easy. But, it ended up being so freakin cold, my car's thermometer displayed the winter snowflake . . . I'm still not sure what that really means except that it's freakin cold. We walked for about 5 minutes, couldn't feel our legs anymore, and walked back to the car. I brought my camera, but couldn't bring myself to take off the gloves. Multiple artistic attempts throughout the day also eluded me. But then, late this afternoon I went out into the back yard, something we haven't done in a couple of months. Mostly I was greeted by overgrown grass, frightening weeds, and deserted toys. Then I saw my confused little Calla Lily over in the corner, peeking its head out much too early. I love this Calla Lily. It always reminds me of Liam's birthday, which is actually in March, a much more appropriate time for flower blooming. I don't know what it's doing out so early, but it saved me today!

2 comments:

  1. wow. this is awesome. i had to read the blog to know what it is. thought it was a roll of toilet paper at first... unspooling a bit in the wind.. and that got me excited due to the incongruity of it all... neat. i like this one.

    ReplyDelete