Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4

One of the biggest reasons I cling to my camera and my photographs SO much is because basically, they are synonymous with memories. I'm not really clinging to my camera and my photos . . . I'm clinging to the memories. Now, more than ever, being mommy of a rapidly changing and growing two/almost three year old, this is true. And especially this week, I find myself more nostalgic than ever, with tomorrow being Liam's very first day of preschool. This morning when I woke up, Day 4 photograph came to me easily. I cherish every morning I have with my little guy. He crawls into bed with me to wake me up. We snuggle for a few minutes, often falling back asleep, then he drags the covers off of me and beckons me to breakfast. Here in the kitchen, we sit at his little table and share breakfast every single morning. I will always remember it exactly like this image, an image I want to have in my mind forever.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah...seeing pictures such as this is what has made my desire for photography so strong! I am going to be buying a camera and beginning my own memory trail. Thank you for sharing so much of your gifts with us.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. potentially my favorite shot of yours EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a special thing for liam to have one day. i touched.

    ReplyDelete