Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3

Panoramic photography used to be one of my favorite tools back in Architecture School. I recently started brainstorming ways to create a panoramic image of a large wedding party I have coming up in June. Coincidentally, this month's issue of Professional Photographer Magazine had an informative article about how professional portrait photographers use this tool. So...today I set off to explore the software involved in this type of image. The results are underwhelming to me . . . I think it's mostly because I can't figure out how to make this image look larger on my blog, but also partly because compositionally, I intended to include more water in the forefront with a slow shutter speed to show some movement. Anyway, I run by this boat on one of my jogging loops. I like it. There's just something about it....like it has years of stories to tell. Per aforementioned article, I set my tripod up, took 8 vertical shots from left to right, and then downloaded a trial version (hence the watermarking) of Autopano at home (www.autopano.net) to stitch the vertical images together. You can't really tell, but the seeming is almost....well....seamless. But still....why I can't I get this to look really big....

3 comments:

  1. I think it might look bigger if you had more of the sky and water on left and right too. I think it's a cool pic though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. true.....but i think it's more a question of why can't I get ANY of my photos to appear larger on this blog....I guess that is the maximum size they can be b/c when I post them I choose large as image size, but I've seen blogs with larger images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I see what you mean. I know, I am also frustrated with blogger. It takes one image about 10 mintues to upload for me. I don't know what is wrong.

    ReplyDelete