Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 28

I always thought I had no interest whatsoever in visiting Las Vegas. I don't gamble and I don't really enjoy dressing scantily. Cheesy lights and glam aren't really my thing. This was my third visit and I have to say, it's a darn good time and we definitely plan on going back. Yes, gambling and scantily clad women, cheesy lights and glam abound, but so does fantastic food, fantastic architecture, and last but not least, Cirque du Soleil. Keegan and I had the most amazing, entertaining weekend away. We had the extreme pleasure of staying at the new City Center . . . the ads claim, "The center of Las Vegas has shifted." It is true. This 16,797,00 square foot, mixed use, massive urban complex on 76 acres of the Strip was in my mind, hands down, the jewel piece of the city. We also ate at Mario Batali's restaurant, where the house cured meat plate with hot salted donuts melted in our mouthes and oxtail gnocchi lingered on our tongues. And last but not least, we went to see "O" by Cirque du Soleil. Just simply crazy beautiful. The creativity and magic of it all just boggles my mind. And hey, at the end of the day, we only lost $50 at the Sports Book. Vegas Baby. Vegas.
IMG_6380-2

No comments:

Post a Comment