Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 226

How much do I love my child (as if it wasn't already obvious)?! Let me count thy ways. This evening, Keegan and I were having one of those pedestrian yet heated spouse confrontations that went something like, "I just picked up groceries, now I'm cooking dinner, the dishwasher is full of clean dishes, the sink is full of dirty dishes, the washing machine is full of wet clothes, the dryer is full of dry clothes, and there is a laundry basket on the floor full of dirty clothes . . . can I puulllleassse get a little help here?!" This is when my little cherub's sweet voice cut through the tension like a superhero, "I can help you Mommy." Ok buddy (wipe tear away), here's a stool and a sink full of soapy water. Have at it. He did every single dirty dish all the while singing "Scrub a dub dub, scrub a dub dub," over and over. As if that wasn't enough for him to win the Three Year Old of the Year Award, when he was finished he says so pleadingly, "What ELSE can I help you out with Mommy?!" Good man. Good man.
IMG_5564

1 comment: