Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 165

Liam's end of school year picnic celebration was this evening. I love this photo of him. It so succinctly wraps up in so many ways what these first 6 months of school have been like for him (and for me if I'm being fully truthful, although it's not about ME of course). He's so calm, cool, collected, confident, and full of character both in this picture, at school, and in life. It didn't start out that way, and still, at drop off, shy little boy hovers in my shadow until the very last minute we can say goodbye. But he does it . . . and without tears. They had the children perform a number of songs at the end of the picnic and I swear, he might be the smallest one up there, but he no doubt had THE loudest voice. No shyness, no second thoughts, just belting it out in front of about sixty parents. I was so blown away. It was more than I ever expected. At one point, the teacher turned to me and said, "Well, looks like we have a new leader of the choir for next year!" Congratulations Buddy. You climbed timidly to the top of the ladder, looked down the steep slope ahead with trepidation, plummeted off the edge and slid effortlessly through your first "year" of school . . . all with a beaming smile on your face. We are so very proud of you in so many ways. IMG_2124

No comments:

Post a Comment