Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 161

I don't know why but one of Liam's favorite ways to pass time when I'm not looking is to rifle through our mail pile, open loads of important mail, and tear much of it to shreds. This is where I caught him late Friday afternoon. Perhaps it has to do with his current occupational goals. We were at a mailbox one day mailing something and he wanted me to open the mailbox. I told him you have to have a key to open it, that only mail carriers have the key. We walked away and after a few minutes he said, "I want to be a mailman Mommy." I said, "Yeah buddy? That would be cool. You would get to drive a mail truck." He replied, "Yeah! And have a key!!"
IMG_1921

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with the framing of this photo ... liam's swirl hair bordered on the bottom by two sets of soft rectilinear lines in the chairs (one with more lines in stripes) and bordered on the top by harder rectilinear lines in the wall corners and baseboard. and all of them slip sliding around each other. feels like a mondrian composition:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and of course all those skewed rectilinear envelopes in the background.... lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe...thanks esme! of course, that was all intentional. hah!! actually...this was more like one of those days, it was 530 and I was leaving for the evening in half an hour. shoot...better fire off something for photo of the day. always a very good lesson I continue to learn over and over that sometimes the best photos are the least planned/thought out....

    ReplyDelete