Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 158 and 159

Tuesday and Wednesday I took almost 200 photographs of the 30 students at Liam's preschool. I consider these images as fulfilling my photo of the day quota, but I do not have permission from parents to post them online so a verbal description will have to suffice! Trust me, they are darling little faces :) although it didn't really work out how I had envisioned. Since the location of the photographs was to be right outside the doors and windows of the classroom, the director felt as though it would be too distracting for me to pull kids out one at a time to work with them individually. Instead, I jumped right in while ALL the students were playing in the yard. In other words, I had about 12 little people surrounding my legs, waiting their turn, while I tried to snap off shots of one child at a time sitting in a chair. They were standing where I needed to stand, bumped my arm a few times, I have extraneous kids peering into the frame from either side of me, and almost no one fell for the seemingly clever, "Do you see the dinosaur in my camera?" trick that worked like a charm on Liam. I had to just love my child to pieces though because the few times I attempted the dinosaur trick, I could hear him behind me saying, "Yah, yah!!! Do you see it? I saw it!! I saw it Mommy! Yeah! It's there!!" All said and done, it was fairly successful regardless. Next year, I might try the studio atmosphere/lighting approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment