Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 59

Liam and I took a little sunset hike around Point Isabel, a regional shoreline park about 5 minutes from my house, this afternoon. I've forever wanted to take my camera there at sunset. It's just such a great little microcosm of all the things that are great about this area . . . right on the Bay, home to native California grasses, view of the Golden Gate Bridge, etc. I feel so lucky to be able to do things like this with him. We are surrounded by regional parks with hiking trails and the weather is SO mild here. He loves to throw rocks into the water, dig in the mud, play with sticks . . . all the things that help little kids appreciate nature. He often times points out how "pitty" the sky looks at sunset. Anyway, so I was standing at the bottom of this hill with him, hand on the shutter thinking what a nice composition the blue sky with the orange clouds and the strong line of the peak of the hill made, but how it was missing something of interest. Before I know it, Liam is scrambling up to the top of the hill and I know my moment has arrived. He is a better little model than he will ever know!!
IMG_7653

No comments:

Post a Comment