Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 54

Today I was trying to capture the essence of my day and I truly felt like my ratty, cluttered, lettuce head told the story best really. With a three year old running around a 900 square foot house that always seems to be undergoing some kind of self inflicted "home improvement, do-it-yourself project," which never seems to reach any kind of completion, my life often feels as though it is spinning out of control. I think it must be a most prevalent phenomenon in stay at home moms . . . the more in control your hair and house feel . . . the more in control your life feels. So as the day comes to a close, I have come to 2 conclusions: 1. Time for a haircut and 2. Time to implement mandatory, daily "play quietly in your room" time . . . for all members of the household.
IMG_7482-3

2 comments:

  1. I went to a photo shoot the other day and the little girl was like "wow your hair is really messy!" Her mom was so embarassed, but I was like, it's fine, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too. out of control. that's my story. but for me a hair cut doesn't help. hikes do. and manicures.

    ReplyDelete