Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 242

Liam took a major spill on his bike on Tuesday, the day RIGHT before school started! He was coasting down hill, gathering speed at an unbelievable pace. My heart started racing and my body was reacting before my mouth could get the words out and before I knew it, he was tumbling over the handlebars, face first into the sidewalk. He was pretty shaken up. I gathered him up in my arms and realized there was blood spilling out of his head. AHHH....minor mommy freak out. His freaking plastic sunglasses smashed hard into the ground when he landed, which smashed equally as hard into his face and completely busted the skin. Two perfectly symmetrical gashes, right where the nose piece was. We went home and I even called the pediatrician. (Is it ridiculous that I know his number by heart?!) At any rate, by bathtime, Liam was his chipper self at last, all bandaged up with some new special bandaids.
IMG_6010-1

No comments:

Post a Comment