Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 327

Liam had a totally cute Thanksgiving Celebration at his school this afternoon, complete with pilgrims and indians, stone soup created by all these little people, and cornbread. Here you see the kids reaching across the table to shake hands before they dig in. We had a bit of a crisis on our hands before this as for some reason I was all confused and accidentally scheduled an ortho appt. for the morning. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get back in time to pick him up at 12, the school was closing so I couldn't leave him there late, and Keegan had a meeting. In the end, I told him we weren't going to be able to make it. I tried to feel better about this awful scheduling conflict by highlighting the fact that I had been in the classroom all morning the previous day, helping the kids make these cute little hats you see them wearing, but Liam was beside himself nonetheless. Mostly, he was pretty pissed he was going to miss out on the cornbread that he had helped make. I offered to make cornbread with him that afternoon, but it didn't seem to alleviate the sadness. I felt so bad. He was in pitiful, pitiful tears all morning. But somehow, we miraculously drove into the city, managed to find a close parking spot, get in and out of the dr. office in 30 minutes, drive back to the East Bay and make it to his school by exactly 11 am, when the lunch started!! Phew. Liam devoured his cornbread in about 5 minutes, had no interest in the soup, and was ready to go after that! Oh well, I felt so much better that we made it afterall.
November-3

No comments:

Post a Comment