Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 351

We were flying back East all day today to spend Christmas in NY with Keegan's family. The day started off so sweet for me when at the airport, I told Keegan I would meet him at the gate after I picked up a little cappuccino at Peet's. He and Liam went off and I waited for my drug. When I arrived at the gate, they were nowhere to be found so I figured they had made a potty stop. I was thoroughly enjoying my coffee when I see Liam galloping toward me with a somewhat sly yet shy grin on his face. "What's up Buddy," I say. He looks up at me and turns around and runs back to Daddy. I see them feverishly whispering back and forth and Keegan rolling his eyes and saying, "Ok . . . but that was supposed to be for Mommy's stocking . . . you sure you want to give it to her now?!" "YES," Liam confidently exclaims. And then, there at the gate, I unwrap what was supposed to be a Christmas present because Liam has all the patient genes of well, a three year old really. A beautiful necklace chain of interlocking hearts! It is so perfect and beautiful and from my favorite 2 boys in this universe and then Liam says to me, "Mommy, it's like hugs and kisses wrapped around your neck all the time!!" and Keegan was telling me this story about how they went into the store and Liam had picked out this God awful huge necklace and how then Keegan and the store owner were trying to lure Liam away to something I might actually find appealing. I couldn't stop smiling the whole flight about how sweet that moment was for me. It was either that . . . or the lush first class upgrade that Keegan handed over to me while he sat in the back with Liam the whole flight. Either way, good work boys, good work. At any rate, we flew over some beautiful country . . . just so amazingly pristine and quiet and expansive looking from the air . . . this really beautiful juxtaposition of wild organic sprawling rivers growing over these very orthogonal plots of land, sprinkled with a clean new dusting of snow. . . so hard to capture really but I tried....
IMG_1032

No comments:

Post a Comment