Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 149

Liam and I were sitting at the breakfast table this morning and he looked at me and said so full of expectation, "What are we going to do today, Mommy??" (In my head) "Well Buddy, we had 3 playdates this week, rode bikes to the pizza place, went bowling yesterday, and Daddy has been gone all week. I was thinking about sitting here in my jammies and drinking my coffee for about 3 more hours until naptime." (Out loud) "Well Buddy, I didn't have anything planned . . . entertainment committee better get a cracking." I ended up taking him to Lake Temescal where there is a sandy beach and a couple of nice trails. Going to the beach sure isn't what it used to be (i.e. relaxing) but, we had so much fun. We kicked the ball around, built sandcastles, ran makeshift obstacle courses in the sand, and I finally lured Liam into the water. I can always tell how much fun he is having based on the amount of clothing that comes off :) After about ten minutes, the shoes and socks came off, then about a half hour later, the pants came off, then about twenty minutes of splashing in the water, the shirt came off. He was pretty convinced he wanted to take his sandy, wet undies off too until I alerted him of the no nudity policy of the beach. After the rain finally chased us back to the car, Liam says to me, "MOMMY!! That was so much fun!" I almost melted. He rarely reflects like that and it was such a satisfying feeling to know my last minute furious planning was not a waste! Jammies and coffee a long lost memory.
IMG_1442

No comments:

Post a Comment